Dr. Daniel Cameron: Inside Lyme Podcast
A 15-year-old boy with severe cardiac problems associated with Lyme disease.
Dr. Cameron feels that the best way to get to know Lyme disease is through reviewing actual cases. In this Inside Lyme Podcast episode, he will be discussing a 15-year-old boy with severe cardiac problems associated with Lyme disease.
Nawrocki and his colleague first discussed this case in the Air Medical Journal in 2018.
His friends immediately called 911. They were not sure how long he was unconscious. The boy was pale with a heart rate of 300 beats per minute, according to the medics.
He required synchronized cardioversion. He was flown to a cardiac intensive care unit (ICU) at a children's tertiary care hospital via rotary-wing aircraft staffed with two ﬂight nurses.
Doctors suspected Lyme disease and prescribed intravenous ceftriaxone. He had three additional episodes of ventricular tachycardia. He was cardioverted twice.
But after several days of intravenous antibiotics, the boy’s heart block gradually resolved, and the pacemaker was removed.
You can hear more about these cases through his blogs, social media, and YouTube. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with these cases.
You can read the full text of this podcast at:
How to Connect with Dr. Daniel Cameron:
- Check out his website: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Call his office: 914-666-4665
- Email him: DCameron@DanielCameronMD.com
- Send him a request: https://danielcameronmd.com/contact-daniel-cameron-md/
- Like him on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drdanielcameron/
- Join his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/danielcameronmd/
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDanielCameron
- Sign up for his newsletter: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Subscribe and ring the bell: https://www.youtube.com/user/danielcameronmd/
- Leave a review on iTunes or wherever else you get your podcasts.
We, of course, hope you’ll join the conversation, connect with us and other readers, ask questions, and share your insights.
Dr. Cameron is a Lyme disease expert and the author “Inside Lyme: An expert's guide to the science of Lyme disease.” He has been treating adolescents and adults for more than 30 years.
Please remember that the advice given is general and not intended as specific advice as to any particular patient. If you require specific advice, then please seek that advice from an experienced professional.