Dr. Daniel Cameron: Inside Lyme Podcast
COVID-19 Podcast: Evidence supporting hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for COVID-19.
Dr. Cameron feels that the best way to get to know COVID-19 is through reviewing actual cases. In this Podcast episode, he will discuss the evidence supporting hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for COVID-19.
Update: Doctors have shifted their focus on other treatments and vaccine instead of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.
Researchers have turned to existing drugs that might be effective without causing significant side effects. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have shown some antiviral benefits in vitro
A recently published second French trial by Gautret and colleagues added further support for the hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin.
Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin lowered the COVID-19 viral load patient. Moreover, most of the patients with a COVID-19 infection were improved or discharged in the second Gautret trial.
Neither Gautret trials assessed whether hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin would be effective for prophylaxis before an infection. The study only enrolled hospitalized patients already infected with the COVID-19 virus.
For now, researchers and politicians are divided on whether to recommend hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19. There is growing pressure on doctors to wait for science.
Doctors have patients who are sick now. Doctors have patients who want to prevent getting COVID-19.
You can hear more about these cases through his blogs, social media, and YouTube. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with these cases.
How to Connect with Dr. Daniel Cameron:
- Check out his website: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Call his office: 914-666-4665
- Email him: DCameron@DanielCameronMD.com
- Send him a request: https://danielcameronmd.com/contact-daniel-cameron-md/
- Like him on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drdanielcameron/
- Join his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/danielcameronmd/
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDanielCameron
- Sign up for his newsletter: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Subscribe and ring the bell: https://www.youtube.com/user/danielcameronmd/
- Leave a review on iTunes or wherever else you get your podcasts.
We, of course, hope you’ll join the conversation, connect with us and other readers, ask questions, and share your insights.
Dr. Cameron is a Lyme disease expert and the author “Inside Lyme: An expert’s guide to the science of Lyme disease.” He has been treating adolescents and adults for more than 30 years.
Please remember that the advice given is general and not intended as specific advice as to any particular patient. If you require specific advice, then please seek that advice from an experienced professional.