Dr. Daniel Cameron: Inside Lyme Podcast
COVID-19 Podcast: Fecal transmission of COVID-19 in children?
You may be wondering why I am discussing COVID-19 during an Inside Lyme podcast. I am concerned for my children, grandchildren, and my patients. I would like to share my understanding of COVID-19 through my eyes as a clinical epidemiologist.
I was surprised to run across the question of fecal transmission of COVID-19 to children in the same article by Cruz and colleagues. “There is also evidence of fecal shedding in the stool for several weeks after diagnosis, leading to concern about fecal-oral transmission of the virus, particularly for infants and children who are not toilet-trained, and for viral replication in the gastrointestinal tract.”
How important is fecal transmission of COVID-19 in children?
You can hear more about these cases through his blogs, social media, and YouTube. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with these cases.
How to Connect with Dr. Daniel Cameron:
- Check out his website: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Call his office: 914-666-4665
- Email him: DCameron@DanielCameronMD.com
- Send him a request: https://danielcameronmd.com/contact-daniel-cameron-md/
- Like him on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drdanielcameron/
- Join his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/danielcameronmd/
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDanielCameron
- Sign up for his newsletter: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Subscribe and ring the bell: https://www.youtube.com/user/danielcameronmd/
- Leave a review on iTunes or wherever else you get your podcasts.
We, of course, hope you’ll join the conversation, connect with us and other readers, ask questions, and share your insights.
Dr. Cameron is a Lyme disease expert and the author “Inside Lyme: An expert's guide to the science of Lyme disease.” He has been treating adolescents and adults for more than 30 years.
Please remember that the advice given is general and not intended as specific advice as to any particular patient. If you require specific advice, then please seek that advice from an experienced professional.