Dr. Daniel Cameron: Inside Lyme Podcast
Lyme disease forces a 24-year-old army officer out of the military.
Dr. Cameron feels that the best way to get to know Lyme disease is through reviewing actual cases. In this Inside Lyme Podcast episode, he will be discussing a 24-year-old army officer who was forced out of the military due to Lyme disease.
Weiss and colleagues first described this case in the Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Disease Society in 2017.
The 24-year-old young man initially suffered from recurrent knee swelling. Doctors diagnosed Lyme disease through after draining fluid from his knees. He later developed severe fatigue, memory issues, headaches, sleep disturbances, and complaints of angina.
He failed to resolve his illness. “he was deemed unﬁt for duty,” wrote Weiss and colleagues.”
The authors concluded their paper with a discussion of post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome (PTLDS).
You can hear more about these cases through his blogs, social media, and YouTube. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with these cases.
How to Connect with Dr. Daniel Cameron:
- Check out his website: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Call his office: 914-666-4665
- Email him: DCameron@DanielCameronMD.com
- Send him a request: https://danielcameronmd.com/contact-daniel-cameron-md/
- Like him on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drdanielcameron/
- Join his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/danielcameronmd/
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDanielCameron
- Sign up for his newsletter: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Subscribe and ring the bell: https://www.youtube.com/user/danielcameronmd/
- Leave a review on iTunes or wherever else you get your podcasts.
We, of course, hope you’ll join the conversation, connect with us and other readers, ask questions, and share your insights.
Dr. Cameron is a Lyme disease expert and the author “Inside Lyme: An expert’s guide to the science of Lyme disease.” He has been treating adolescents and adults for more than 30 years.
Please remember that the advice given is general and not intended as specific advice as to any particular patient. If you require specific advice, then please seek that advice from an experienced professional.