Dr. Daniel Cameron: Inside Lyme Podcast
Two children ill with both Lyme disease and Mono.
I will be discussing two children ill with both Lyme disease and Mono.
This case was described by Koester and colleagues in the journal Clinical Medicine & Research.
Mono and Lyme disease are common diseases.
What happens when child living in an area endemic for Lyme disease has both conditions?
These are not the first time patients with both mono and Lyme disease. Koester and colleagues described a study where 52 patients tested positive for Lyme disease and Mono.
Koester and colleagues urged caution before dismissing a positive IgM western blot test and run the risk of treatment delays.
- Koester TM, Meece JK, Fritsche TR, Frost HM. Infectious Mononucleosis and Lyme Disease as Confounding Diagnoses: A Report of 2 Cases. Clin Med Res. 2018..
You can hear more about these cases through his blogs, social media, and YouTube. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with these cases.
How to Connect with Dr. Daniel Cameron:
- Check out his website: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Call his office: 914-666-4665
- Email him: DCameron@DanielCameronMD.com
- Send him a request: https://danielcameronmd.com/contact-daniel-cameron-md/
- Like him on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drdanielcameron/
- Join his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/danielcameronmd/
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDanielCameron
- Sign up for his newsletter: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Subscribe and ring the bell: https://www.youtube.com/user/danielcameronmd/
- Leave a review on iTunes or wherever else you get your podcasts.
We, of course, hope you’ll join the conversation, connect with us and other readers, ask questions, and share your insights.
Dr. Cameron is a Lyme disease expert and the author “Inside Lyme: An expert's guide to the science of Lyme disease.” He has been treating adolescents and adults for more than 30 years.
Please remember that the advice given is general and not intended as specific advice as to any particular patient. If you require specific advice, then please seek that advice from an experienced professional.