Dr. Daniel Cameron: Inside Lyme Podcast
Two children who contracted Babesia from their mothers.
Dr. Cameron feels that the best way to get to know Lyme disease is through reviewing actual cases. In this Inside Lyme Podcast episode, he will be discussing two children who contracted Babesia from their mothers.
These cases were originally described in the Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Disease Society, written by Saetre and colleagues in 2017.
Both mothers were treated for Lyme disease during their pregnancy. Both babies were apparently born healthy and sent home. One of the babies had a positive PCR test for Babesia before going home but was not treated. Both babies returned to the hospital with Babesia. Both required prolonged hospitalization and treatment.
You can hear more about these cases through his blogs, social media, and YouTube. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with our cases.
You can read the full text of this podcast at:
How to Connect with Dr. Daniel Cameron:
- Check out his website: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Call his office: 914-666-4665
- Email him: DCameron@DanielCameronMD.com
- Send him a request: https://danielcameronmd.com/contact-daniel-cameron-md/
- Like him on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drdanielcameron/
- Join his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/danielcameronmd/
- Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDanielCameron
- Sign up for his newsletter: https://www.DanielCameronMD.com/
- Subscribe and ring the bell: https://www.youtube.com/user/danielcameronmd/
- Leave a review on iTunes or wherever else you get your podcasts.
We, of course, hope you’ll join the conversation, connect with us and other readers, ask questions, and share your insights.
Dr. Cameron is a Lyme disease expert and the author “Inside Lyme: An expert's guide to the science of Lyme disease.” He has been treating adolescents and adults for more than 30 years.
Please remember that the advice given is general and not intended as specific advice as to any particular patient. If you require specific advice, then please seek that advice from an experienced professional.